Name: Miracle Blessing
Breed: Mixed Breed
Date of Birth: 23 Feb 2011
Good with other dogs: Good after warm-up
Good with children: Unknown
Pee and poo habits: During daily walks
Understand basic commands: Yes
HDB approved: Yes
If you are keen to adopt, please click the button below and fill out the 'Adoption Form'.
If you would like to be a sponsor for THIS dog, please click on your item of sponsorship.
Miracle was caught by AVA on 26 June 2013 together with another dog called “Asphen” from the same pack. They suffered a traumatic capture obviously because Asphen lost one of his claws from his right front paw.
Ever since the redemption, none of them was quite the same dog as before. They were closed up and very afraid of humans. They trembled and purge in diarrheas whenever they see us and Asphen will whine till we are gone. They were always curled up at the corner of the room and will pile on top of one another for protection.
Rehabilitation was a tough, patient and painstaking process. We had to slowly introduce them to eating food from us, letting us bathe them, towel them dry and wearing the leash and harness and etc.
Breakthrough finally came in December 2013. After 2 weeks of daily “coerced” walks coordinated by 6 Mercylighters, Asphen and Miracle somehow realized that we are not the same people as those who captured them. They also realized that there is nothing they should be afraid of outside their room (their comfort zone) and that when we are with them, they can trust and rely on us to guide them.
Today you will see two dogs walk with much more confidence, heads held high and tails wagging to see more of the outside world. Something that was hard to conceive back then. They are ready for loving homes.
Miracle is so-called because her existence is indeed a miraculous happening. Before she was captured by AVA, there was once when she was knocked by a car on her hind leg and started limping. Very soon she disappeared for a long 3 weeks. When she reappeared, she was emaciated. We thought she is going to die but she survived and she did well. Even that limping hind leg was completely restored and you will not see any abnormality in her walking at all. Her life is a miracle.
1. As per AVA regulation, medium sized dogs are not of HDB approved size unless they qualify under ADORE. An owner of landed house or private condominium are allowed to keep up to 3 licensed dogs.
2. Adopter must agree to sterilize the dog and vaccinate it annually.
3. Adopter must allow home visits, if requested.
4. Adopter must have a proper space area for the dog. It must not be caged up, confined to a small space or tied to a leash throughout each day.
5. Adopter must be able to feed twice and walk the dog thrice a day (morning, evening & before bedtime) and bathe the dog at least once a week.
6. Clean water must always be made available to the dog.
7. To arrange a viewing of any dog for adoption purpose, your whole family must be present as adoption should be agreed as a family.
8. Dog license must be applied and renewed annually.
9. The monthly preventives of Heartgard and Nexgard must be continued.
10. The dog should be fed dog kibbles and dog wet food unless otherwise advised by the veterinarian (not leftover human food or vegetarian diet ).
Last updated: August 2021